Sunday, January 25, 2009

Surgery

The surgery went great. I do have before and after pictures but I am unsure of the location of my camera. The difference is amazing. I can barley even see the stitches, you would never guess how open her lip was. She was moved from the PICU after only on night and is now on the infant floor. She has been having some trouble and our stay keeps getting prolonged. She is mostly having a hard time with her mucus and they have had to suction her out a lot. Her breathing has also been rapid and she has had an increase of seizures, it is believed that this is related to her antibiotics and also her pain. I was told that hopefully she can come home tomorrow but I am not getting my hopes up because we have been being told that since Thursday. I am not totally surprised we are still here. I was aware that she has problems that are mostly unknown, and so the way things turn out are never for sure. But she is doing well and we are happy. I think after this bump in the road she will be a lot happier also, I mean who would be more happy without tape on their face and a prosthetic in their mouth.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm so glad that the surgery went well. I hope that everything calms down enough for her to come home soon. I love you and your family... Don't hesitate to ask if there's anything that I can do for you.