Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference!!!!!! (winter 2010)

Tonight was conferences for the kids. I wanted to share with anyone that cares:)

Jaxon's teacher told us that she was so amazed at the progress he has made. Since returning from Christmas break she says that he has just made so much improvement. He has moved up in reading groups, is doing great with math, and he is doing great socially (but that has never been his problem :) She says she is unsure of the reason but thinks it may be that his confidence is higher because he is improving so much on his speech (He does speech 2x a week in school and 1x a week up at the Scottish rite house, and his therapist is wonderful). The first time he said C O A T instead of oat I wanted to cry (he has been trying to get the c/k sound for a very long time) and I made him say coat for anyone that would listen (I am sure most of them did not care and thought it was strange that I was so excited, but I was:)

Kadrey also got a wonderful report back:) Such a great day to have so much GOOD news (we don't get that a lot :( She is doing great in her spelling, her teacher has decided that she needs to move into the top spelling group (yay for Dree). Her reading and fluency are wonderful and so is her math. Her teacher did mention one problem that she is having... paying attention and staying focused on the teacher while he is teaching (I have been talking with her about this, but really since she is doing so well I am not so worried:)

After working with kids that are so far behind and struggling so much All Day Long it is so wonderful to hear that my kids are doing great. OK I am done now :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hooray for good news! I'm glad to hear/read it all. :)