Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!!!!

So, today has been a busy day. Kourtney would be one today so we went to her graveside and had a little balloon release for her, we also took her some flowers and I made "giant" cupcakes with hot pink frosting on them. I always thought that she would make it to her 1st birthday and it makes me sad that she didn't but I hope she knows that we love her and miss her - and that she is our super special girl.

LOVE YOU KOURTY

I had my official interview today for my new job. I start on Wed (I told Maceys I would the rest of this week, which I cant but i hope they understand). I am a bit nervous about it, I mean I have been working in a bakery for the last 12 years. Dan says not to worry because I know what I am doing that I was on this path once in my life and somehow took a wrong turn and ended up spending part of my life with Maceys - I hope he is right.
The job is called Americorp and the best I can figure for now is that it is tutoring kids, helping set up reading programs, recruiting parent volunteers and basically doing whatever the school need help with. It is full time and will pay for up to two years of college. I work school days but not holidays. I am nervous but excited.:)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to Kourtney. I'm glad you guys celebrated her birthday together, you should do that every year. We miss her! I'm so excited about your job, that will be so good for you and awesome hours with the kids, plus holidays! Good luck, you will do awesome, we love you!

Amber said...

I'm glad you were able to do something special for Kourtney's birthday. That new job sounds like an exciting opportunity to you and HOORAY for getting some college paid for. :)