Saturday, August 8, 2009

Big days!!!!!

Jaxon (aka Jogee) had his birthday on Thursday. He is now a big five year old. He stayed the night at my parents house so that Dan could get some sleep while I was at work. The first thing on our agenda for that day was a dentist appt. for him. Not "Grandma's dentist" a new one (he is not a fan of the old dentist). The dentist decided that his tooth needed to be pulled out (that's right on his B-day he had a tooth pulled). We then took him mini golfing and he loved it. We had a lot of fun and even though it proved to be a bit frustrating at times we enjoyed it. For his b day we got Jogee a new bike - it is big and blue and has a kick stand (the most important things right :) He has been able to ride a bike without training wheels since the end of last summer and so we decided that it was time for an upgrade for him. Than we went to Chuck - a - rama and had dinner (Dans dad gave him a couple of gift certificates for his birthday, so we had a good dinner that night).

For work I had to make a cake for the Coke company. I had to make a 6 pack of can and the cake actually turned out OK. I mean for someone with no schooling or cake carving abilities and for cake not designed for that kind of thing and because I have no artistic ability I think I did pretty good. Kim and I also made a coke cup so from now on you can just call us "Chief Duff". Also I gave my two weeks notice to my work. I know it was a rather hasty decision but it is also a much needed change for me.
(again no pictures I still havent gotten that far in my learning of the computer sorry)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow! They made you make a carved cake? And you gave your notice? I imagine I could make a Coke can now, but I doubt if I'd have been willing to try when I worked for Macey's. Good for you!... On the making and the quitting. What now?