Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter.

Yesterday morning I took the kids to an Easter egg "hunt". Not so much a hunt and a race because you see the eggs were not hidden anywhere just placed on the ground to be snatched up:) I did not get any pictures of Kadrey because she was with her friend in a different age group - I was in charge of the boys. But if you look behind them you will see the taped off area and all of the eggs. Its amazing how many kids where there and that it only lasted like
3min. but it was fun and I will probably take them to it again next year.









This morning when the kids got up we had been visited by The Easter bunny. The bunny was given instructions to not leave a ton of candy this year, because then everyone feels like candy needs to be the main food item for days and days. The kids had fun. We had an Easter Egg hunt in the living room - munch on some candy - then went to church.

Church was nice - I always like hearing about the Resurrection (the main reason we celebrate Easter). Sometimes it seems that the real reasons for holidays gets forgotten about, we only remember the fairy tale stuff - The way things are now people act like every holiday should be like Christmas (spending tons of money that is! not remembering Jesus)

I am thankful for all that has been given to me and I am so glad that it is possible for me to be with my loved ones again someday.

No comments: